- Special Events
- Master Courses
- C-1: Futuring
- C-2: Foresight Educators' Boot Camp
- C-3: Wiser Futures
- C-4: Fierce Foresight
- C-5: MiniTrends and Macro Change
- C-6: Science Fiction
- C-7: Wicked Opportunites
- C-8: Stratify Your Scenario
- C-9: 3D Printing
- C-10: 'What If' Imaginarium
- C-11: Futurist Writers' Workshop
- W-1 How to Invent the Future
Everyone Faces a Transhumanist Wager
The “Transhumanist Wager” can be summed up like this: "If a reasoning human being loves and values life, they will want to live as long as possible—the desire to be immortal. Nevertheless, it’s impossible to know if they’re going to be immortal once they die. To do nothing doesn’t help the odds of attaining immortality—since it seems evident that everyone will die someday and possibly cease to exist. To try to do something scientifically constructive towards ensuring immortality beforehand is the most logical conclusion."
In the 21st Ccentury, with so much promising science and technology available to our civilization, we must do something constructive towards ensuring our ongoing lives and defeating death. We must all do this because we each face our own Transhumanist Wager. I believe we should each risk everything in order to preserve our lives. Anything else falls short of our appreciation of life.
Participants will leave this session with an understanding of:
- The details of the Transhumanist Wager.
- How every human on the planet faces their own Transhumanist Wager.
- How a fraction of the world's wealth dedicated to life extension could transform human mortality.
- How a stronger, more aggressive moral stance on the issue of longevity would benefit our species.