Questions about the World Future Society, our events, publications, forecasts, and about the future in general should be addressed to Amy Zalman at email@example.com or call 301-656-8274. Thank you for your interest.
About the World Future Society
The World Future Society is an association of people interested in how social and technological developments are shaping the future. It endeavors to help individuals, organizations, and communities see, understand, and respond appropriately and effectively to change. Through media, meetings, and dialogue among its members, it raises awareness of change and encourages development of creative solutions. The Society takes no official position on what the future will or should be like. Instead it acts as a neutral forum for exploring possible, probable, and preferable futures.
Founded in 1966 as a nonprofit educational and scientific organization in Washington, D.C., the Society has members in more than eighty countries around the world. Individuals and groups from all nations are eligible to join the Society and participate in its programs and activities.
Press releases to follow
CEO and President
World Future Society
7910 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 450
Bethesda, MD 20814
- 09.13.2011 Longevity Expert Aubrey de Grey Comes to Baltimore to Discuss the End of Aging
- Futurists Issue Call for Inventions for Chicago Conference
- Hands-Free Headset Computer Declared “Best in Show” at Futurist Conference
- THE FUTURIST Magazine Releases its Top Ten Forecasts for 2012 and Beyond
- Futurists Open Contest for World-Changing Inventions
- Futurist Inventors to Converge on Vancouver
- Futurist Inventors to Flock to Toronto
- World Future Society Welcomes Finance Expert Bob Chernow To Its Board of Directors
- 5.10.11 Leadership Expert Lance Secretan to Address World Future Society Meeting in Vancouver
- 02.07.2011 Cynthia G. Wagner Becomes Editor of THE FUTURIST Magazine
- Daniel Bell, Sociologist and WFS Member, Dies at 91.
- 3.9.11 Futurists Issue Call for Inventions
- Futurist of the Year Award Nominations Now Open
- THE FUTURIST Magazine Releases It's Top Ten Forecasts for 2013 and Beyond
- 12.1.10 January-February 2011 Issue of THE FUTURIST released
- 10.01.10 November-December Issue of THE FUTURIST released.
- 4.9.2010 More than 1,000 Futurists Will Gather in Boston to Discuss Tomorrow's Technology and Environment
- 12.21.09: Futurists Release Top Ten Forecasts for 2010 and Beyond, Plus Hundreds More.
- 9.14.10 Futurists Release Top Ten Forecasts for 2011 and Beyond
- 4.21.09 Don Tapscott to Address World Future Society Conference
- 4.20.09 Labor Expert and Futurist John Challenger to Speak at World Future 2009
- 4.20.09 Bioweapons Expert Barry Kellman: Dangers of Bioviolence Growing
- 3.17.09 Free Lessons in Futuring From the World Future Society
- 08.14.08 Future Survey Editor Michael Marien Receives World Future Society Distinguished Service Award
- 08.13.08 Futurist Magazine reveals the future of flying cars, undersea habitation, teleportation, and artificial intelligence
- 07.02.08 More than 1,000 Futurists to Converge on Washington D.C. for World Future Society Conference
- 06.06.08 FUTURIST Magazine Asks, What is the Future of Publishing?
The annual conference of the World Future Society, as covered by
Free Email Newsletter
To sign up for Futurist Update, our free monthly email newsletter, enter your email in the box below and click Save.
WFS in the News
- Past stories in the mainstream media featuring WFS or THE FUTURIST magazine.
- 5.10.11. The Korea Times: Searching for the Next Breakthrough by Yoon Ja-young.
- 3.1.11. Bloomberg Businessweek: Determining Which Business Idea to Pursue. Read more.
- 1.3.11. VOA News: Looking to Robots and Other Technology to Improve Health Care. Read more.
- 1.3.11. ABC News: Were They Right? Great Thinkers of 1931 Predict What 2011 Will Bring. Read more.
- 1.2.11. Canwest (Edmonton Journal) Researchers trying to create delete button for Internet. Read more.
- 1.1.11. Canwest (Ottawa Citizen) Social media will assist police, futurists predict. Read more.
- 12.31.10. Canwest (Vancover Sun) 'Faster, better, cheaper': Canadian geneticist pioneers breast-cancer research 'pipeline'. Read more.
- 12.30.10. Canwest (Vancover Sun): A keyboard on the palm of your hand.
- 12.27.10 VOA. News Outlook 2011 Examines How Technology, Environment, Economy Shape the World. Read more.
- 12.23.10. BBC News. Futurology: The tricky art of knowing what will happen next. Read more.